Frequently Asked Questions
Get the FAQ's from Silicon Valley's Top Patent Attorney
- What are patents?
- Why do patents matter?
- What kinds of things can be patented?
- Who are the inventors on a patent?
- When should I file my patent application?
- When is it too late to file a patent application?
- How do I decide what to patent?
- How can I gain market dominance through patents?
- What are the steps for filing a patent application?
- How do I patent my invention in foreign countries?
- Can I file my own patent application?
Provisional Patent Applications
- What is a provisional patent application?
- What are the benefits of a provisional patent application?
- What are the risks associated with provisional patent applications?
- What if someone uses my patented invention without my permission?
- What if I receive a letter that I am infringing another’s patent?
Licensing and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- When can I license my invention?
- What is a non-disclosure agreement?
- Does an non-disclosure agreement need to be in writing?
- If I am asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement, what should I watch out for?
- What if someone I am trying to sell my invention to refuses to sign my non-disclosure agreement?