Concept to Company
So, you have an idea for a product. What do you do next? How do you realize your vision? How do you turn that idea into reality? Are you looking to leave the security of a big company because you have a great product idea? Are you a university student or faculty member with an idea for the next Google?
From Concept to Company examines best practices---from people who have done it before---to take product ideas or core technologies and turn them into fundable companies with marketable products.
This interactive workshop will examine the key things that inventors and entrepreneurs need to do to turn a product idea into a company. A panel of product marketing managers, early stage attorneys, venture capitalists and successful entrepreneurs will discuss:
- Describing your concept in written form (MRD and PRD process)
- Validating your idea. Is it technically feasible? Is there a market for it?
- Protecting your idea. Best practices in IP protection
- How to find founding partners
- What kind of company should I create and how do I incorporate?
- How do I finance my first six months of operations? Where do I go for longer-term funding?
The session agenda combines a moderated panel discussion focusing on what inventors and entrepreneurs need to do to turn product concepts into full-fledged businesses and an audience Q&A where attendees will be invited to pose questions and present product ideas to the panel.