Silver Peak Systems Announces Nine New Patents
Carr & Ferrell is pleased to congratulate Silver Peak Systems, which has announced the USPTO awarded the company multiple patents for optimizing Wide Area Networks (WANs). Patent attorney Keith Kline, who works directly on the Silver Peak portfolio, confirmed the issue of the new patents, by saying, “The continued expansion of Silver Peak’s IP portfolio demonstrates the efficacy of their networking solutions. In addition to the newly issued patents, we have been able to secure several more notices of allowance. Carr & Ferrell is very pleased to be able to help Silver Peak continue to build its IP protection and to watch this emerging company grow in the market.”
The nine new patents granted include:
- U.S. Patent No. 8,225,072: “Pre-fetching data into a memory”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,307,115: “Network memory mirroring”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,312,226: “Network memory appliance for providing data based on local accessibility”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,370,583: “Network memory architecture for providing data based on local accessibility”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,392,684: “Data encryption in a network memory architecture for providing data based on local accessibility”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,442,052: “Forward packet recovery”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,473,714: “Pre-fetching data into a memory”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,489,562: “Deferred data storage”
- U.S. Patent No. 8,595,314: “Deferred data storage”
In a press release issued by the company, CEO David Hughes said of the achievement:
“The wide area network has never been more critical in dictating the performance and delivery of today’s enterprise IT applications,” said David Hughes, CEO of Silver Peak. “Megatrends like virtualization and cloud computing have resulted in data becoming more centralized while users remain dispersed. These patents demonstrate our ongoing commitment to innovation and solving the underlying network challenges that impact data mobility and application performance over wide area networks.”
Inventors attending CES may bring notes and a drawing of their invention to booth 70555 to be eligible for a free patent application.
The firm’s new website will feature an enhanced resource center, responsive design, and a clean, modern look.
Members of the Security and Surveillance panel will explore the issues facing brand owners in the wake of recent data breaches at large trusted retailers, and in the light of disturbing revelations about government surveillance and back-door access to customer data.
The multiple patents for Wide Area Networks continue to expand Silver Peak's IP portfolio and their commitment to innovation.