Silicon Valley Trademark Attorney to Present Seminar in Turkey
Menlo Park, CA – Aylin Demirci, an attorney with Carr & Ferrell, LLP, specializing in trademark law, will be presenting a seminar tailored for trademark lawyers and agents in Turkey who have international clients with commercial activity or interest in the U.S. The seminar, titled U.S. Trademark Law, New gTLDs, Cases and what Turkish Firms Need to Know is organized by Patent and Trademark Attorneys Association in Turkey. http://www.pem.org.tr/
Turkish companies are investing and doing business more and more every day in the United States. That comes with the need to have a strong understanding of how to protect their IP rights and avoid pitfalls in this fundamentally common law system, which differs considerably from the trademark laws in Turkey and many other countries. The information and experience Demirci will share in the seminar will be helpful to IP attorneys and their clients. A sample of the program is as follows:
- Trademark prosecution (steps from application to registration, filing bases, grounds for refusal, etc.),
- post-registration filings to maintain the registration (Declarations of Continued Use and Incontestability and Request for Renewal),
- Oppositions and cancellations at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (grounds, defenses, stages etc.)
- Trademark infringement and dilution lawsuits at the court (grounds, defenses, remedies etc.), interesting cases about trade dress, sound trademark, color trademark etc.
- New gTLDs (Trademark Clearinghouse, Sunrise and Trademark Claims, URS (Uniform Rapid Suspension) etc.)
“I am so excited for the opportunity to meet distinguished IP attorneys in Turkey and guide them through the changing landscape of trademark law in the United States.” Demirci explains. “I would like to thank the Patent and Trademark Attorneys Association for giving me this opportunity.”
Held at the HOTEL TRYP by Wyndham in Istanbul, Turkey, the seminar takes place on Monday, September 9, 2013. If you are interested in attending, please click the links to the program and registration form. The registration form must be completed and returned with payment by August 29, 2013.