Jill is partner and co-chair of the Corporate Practice Group of Carr & Ferrell. Jill's practice focuses on corporate and securities work for both public and private companies, as well as venture capital firms and other financial institutions, with particular emphasis on the representation of growth technology and life science companies.
Jill has extensive experience with venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions and domestic and international joint ventures. She is also one of the firm's foremost attorneys focused on the developing areas of clean technologies. Jill has represented numerous companies in the fields of Internet, e-commerce, software, multimedia and data communications.
Prior to attending law school, Jill worked in New York as a commercial banker in the areas of leveraged buyouts and project financing. Additionally, before joining Carr & Ferrell, she practiced corporate law at leading Silicon Valley firms and served as General Counsel and Senior Vice President of several publicly traded companies. Jill's corporate clients benefit from her extensive industry experience.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, Economics & International Relations, cum laude
- Institute of European Studies, Freiburg, Germany
- State Bar of California
- Represented Tropian, Inc. in its acquisition by Matsushita Electric Industrial/ Panasonic
- Represented investors in Altus Pharmaceutical, Inc. (Altus Biologics) private financings
- Represented Trend Micro, Inc. in many acquisitions
- Represented investors in Insider Guides (d/b/a MyYearbook) stock financing
- Representative corporate formations and related financing transactions for numerous internet, software and data communication companies
- Allosteros Therapeutics, Inc.
- BitPoem Inc.
- H2Optx Incorporated
- Happily (Pink Cloud 9)
- Nexusguard Limited
- ReqHub, LLC
- Songlily, Inc.
- Adams Street Partners
- Almaz Capital
- ATV Capital
- Delphi Ventures
- New Leaf Ventures
- OrbiMed Healthcare
- Triple Point Capital
- US Venture Partners
- March 7, 2015 - Panel Moderator - "The Tech Funding Scene: What Funders Want and Founders Need to Know” Women in Tech Festival 2015, Sunnyvale, CA
- February 14, 2014 - “Don’t Fall Down on Your Way Up: Pitfalls to Avoid While Starting Your Business from a 25 Year Veteran of Silicon Valley Bubbles and Bursts” Women 2.0 Conference, San Francisco, CA
- September 10, 2013 - “Intellectual Property, Licensing and the Young CleanTech Company” Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
- November 6, 2012 - “Intellectual Property, Licensing and the Young CleanTech Company” Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley
- March 2009-2011 - "Negotiating Venture Capital Term Sheets”, Hass School of Business, UC Berkeley
- March 4 - “Building Your Ship Instead of Waiting for It to Come In” Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley, California
- June 25, 2007 - GreenVest 2007 Pre-Conference Workshop, San Francisco, California
- May 23, 2007 - The Innovator's Engine ”Capitalizing on Clean Technology: How To Create Value In The Hot Economy for Clean Technology,” Palo Alto, California
- September 23, 2004 - 2004 High Tech Industries Conference for Financial Professionals, Trends in Financing, Sunnyvale, California
- May 1995 - American Conference Institute, Licensing and Other Intellectual Property Transactions, Presentation on Asset and Share Purchase Strategies, San Francisco, California
- April 1994 - Fifth Annual Licensing Law Institute Focusing on Multimedia Licensing, Industry Panel, San Francisco
- November 1993 - San Francisco Multimedia Development Group, "Legal Issues in Multimedia Publishing Agreements: Employment Issues and Channels of Distribution," San Francisco, California
- August 1993 - Macromedia International User Conference, "The Art of the Deal: Legal Issues You May Not Have Thought of in Multimedia Negotiations," San Francisco, October 1993 and International Interactive Communications Society, Sunnyvale, California
- August 1993 - 37th Congress of the Union International des Advocates, "Media and Technology, Their Global Relationship," San Francisco, California