James is Senior Counsel in the Intellectual Property Practice Group of Carr & Ferrell LLP. James specializes in intellectual property law matters including preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications, strategic intellectual property planning and patent portfolio management for both established and start-up clients.
James has substantial experience in a broad range of technology including electronic systems, reconfigurable logic architectures, computer software and systems, wireless devices and telecommunications, Internet architecture and web-based applications, malware detection and removal, cloud-based computing and other areas of software and hardware. Prior to practicing patent law, James enjoyed a career as an engineer for leading electronic systems and aerospace companies.
- J.D., Western State University, School of Law
- B.S., University of Michigan, Electrical Engineering
- M.S., University of Southern California, Electrical Engineering-Computers
- State Bar of California (Member, Intellectual Property Section)
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Intellectual Property Section of the California State Bar