Current Legal Openings
Accounting Assistant, A/R
Carr & Ferrell LLP is currently seeking an Accounting Assistant in its Menlo Park, California, office. The firm offers a fast paced environment where an energetic individual capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing daily projects will thrive. The position provides an opportunity for increased responsibility and professional growth. Day to day focus will be on receivables, but the ideal candidate will be able to act as back up for other accounting and administrative functions at the firm.
The Accounting Assistant is a fast paced, busy role. The individual in this position must thrive as a multi-tasker and prioritizer. The role provides an opportunity for increased responsibility and professional growth. Day to day focus will be on receivables, but the person will be expected to act as back up for other accounting and administrative functions at the firm. The Accounting Assistant must be extremely flexible, adaptable and willing to do whatever it takes to meet the demands and pace of Carr & Ferrell’s Admin team.
- - Manage collections including contacting clients, working with other team members to collect on account;
- - Process daily A/R deposits;
- - Assist Billing Manager in entering, editing, mailing, copying, scanning, emailing client bills
- - Prepare, monitor, and reconcile USPTO funding authorizations;
- - Process credit card payments;
- - Proactively identify, research, and solve problems with accounts as necessary
- - Apprise management of client payment status;
- - Keeping up with daily scanning for paperless filing;
- - Copying, filing, and special projects, as assigned.
- - Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- - 2 years prior experience in A/R position (law firm experience a plus)
- - Excellent attention to detail;
- - Good verbal and written communication skills;
- - Ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
- - Team player attitude.
When applying, please submit a cover letter, resume, and school transcripts.
In support of our law firm's dynamic legal practice, our Human Resources Manager is responsible for all aspects of human resources - the functions that deal with the needs and activities of the firm's people. This position reports to the Firm Administrator and works daily with our Marketing, Accounting, IT and Office Services teams. The HR Manager is the only dedicated HR person and works with minimal supervision and instruction and a high degree of confidentiality. Excellent academic credentials are required.