Current Legal Openings
- - Private company general corporate maintenance;
- - Closing mechanics for private company financings;
- - Stock option plan documentation;
- - Drafting board and shareholder consents regarding financings and corporate formation;
- - Working with capitalization ledgers;
- - Preparing and submitting securities filings;
- - Stock issuances.
- - A Bachelor's degree;
- - Minimum of one year of experience in a corporate group at a law firm, preferably 2+ years;
- - Strong math skills and a high level of proficiency in Excel;
- - A paralegal certificate;
- - Strong communication skills;
- - Ability to prioritize and complete tasks by deadline dates;
- - Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- - Excellent interpersonal skills, dynamic, and team-oriented;
- - Willingness to learn.
Litigation Paralegals provide support for all types of litigation matters, working alongside attorneys and legal secretaries during each phase of the litigation process. They provide a high level of service to both internal and external clients.
Applicants should have 2-4 years of commercial litigation experience. This person will need to interact with clients, witnesses, and experts. Paralegal certification and a high level of computer and software proficiency (Microsoft Office, Deadlines.com, Concordance, WestLaw, Adobe) are requirements for applicants.
We are looking for an individual with excellent written and oral communication skills, case preparation and time management skills, a strong knowledge of court rules, and a demonstrated understanding of discovery and trial preparation procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- - Maintain the group’s parallel paper and electronic filing systems;
- - Prepare and file (including e-file) pleadings drafted by lawyers in state and federal courts;
- - Conduct various document searches and factual research;
- - Timely and accurate preparation of assigned documents;
- - E-Discovery procedures;
- - Create and maintain internal case databases;
- - Run searches on internal and external document databases and systems;
- - Prepare witness and matter material for case preparations;
- - Organize case files and materials for attorney review and preparation;
- - Work with attorneys in the preparation and filing of all court documents;
- - Create, bind and distribute file and courtesy copies;
- - Organize briefs and appendices;
- - Act as liaison with outside agencies when needed;
- - Oversee progress of documents, order transcripts form reporting services and fulfill requests from outside counsel and others;
- - Prepare for and attend trials, as necessary.
Human Resources Manager
In support of our law firm's dynamic legal practice, our Human Resources Manager is responsible for all aspects of human resources - the functions that deal with the needs and activities of the firm's people. This position reports to the Firm Administrator and works daily with our Marketing, Accounting, IT and Office Services teams. The HR Manager is the only dedicated HR person and works with minimal supervision and instruction and a high degree of confidentiality. Excellent academic credentials are required.