Current Legal Openings
Full-Time Human Resources Manager
Carr & Ferrell LLP is seeking a HR Manager, full-time, flexible schedule, Mon – Fri.
In support of our Firm’s dynamic legal practice, our HR Manager is responsible for all aspects of human resources - the functions that deal with the needs and activities of the firm's people. This position reports to the Firm Administrator and works daily with our Marketing, Accounting, IT and Office Services teams. The HR Manager is the only dedicated HR person and works with minimal supervision and instruction and a high degree of confidentiality.
- - Respond to requests for employee relations discussions, address personnel issues in a timely and discreet manner;
- - Exercise sound judgment within established Firm guidelines and Partner expectations;
- - Coordinate new hire set-up and orientation as well as employee terminations and exit interviews.
- - Establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, applicants, vendors and third party administrators;
- - Manage the recruiting process for attorneys and staff, using recruiters and agencies in some instances;
- - Develop and update job postings, screen applicants, coordinate interview schedules and communicate final selections;
- - Prioritize and complete assignments and special projects;
- - Keep Policies and Procedures manual up to date with changes to state and federal laws;
- - Coordinate and oversee Open Enrollment for the Firm’s benefit plans;
- - Maintain organized personnel and benefit files;
- - Prepare for performance and salary review meetings by gathering historical and industry data, distribute evaluations, coach on goal setting and writing performance reviews. Update spreadsheets to calculate salary increases and bonuses.
- - Hands on experience with employee relations, benefits and recruiting;
- - Knowledge of payroll processing;
- - Flexibility and openness to doing whatever it takes to meet business needs;
- - Ability to organize projects and data while meeting deadlines;
- - Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation;
- - Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and professionalism;
- - High attention to detail and data integrity;
- - Ability to work well with a variety of employee levels and functions;
- - Comfortable establishing priorities, managing work independently;
- - Knowledge of federal and California labor laws;
- - Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel;
- - 2 – 3 years experience in a Human Resources role;
- - Bachelor’s degree (minimum) and excellent academic history.
We offer competitive compensation packages and full benefits for full time employees including health, dental and life insurance, and a 401(k) plan. We provide a congenial work atmosphere that promotes teamwork and encourages personal growth
How to Apply:
Please submit materials to email@example.com. Or you may send your materials online using the Apply link below.
Carr & Ferrell LLP is an equal opportunity employer.