Current Legal Openings
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
In support of the Firm’s legal practice our HR Coordinator is responsible for all administrative aspects of human resources - the functions that deal with the needs and activities of the firm's people. This position will report to the Firm Administrator and will work daily with our Marketing, Accounting, IT and Office Services teams. The HR Coordinator must work with a high degree of confidentiality.
- - Respond to requests for employee relations discussions, benefits questions, and work with the Firm Administrator to address personnel issues in a timely and discreet manner;
- - Exercise sound judgment within established Firm guidelines and Partner expectations;
- - Coordinate new hire set-up and orientation as well as employee terminations and exit interviews.
- - Establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, applicants, vendors and third party administrators;
- - Work with the Firm Administrator to manage the recruiting process for attorneys and staff, utilizing recruiters and agencies in some instances.
- - Develop and update job postings, screen applicants, coordinate interview schedules and communicate final selections;
- - Prioritize and complete assignments and special projects;
- - Handle the administration of Open Enrollment for the Firm’s benefit plans;
- - Maintain organized personnel and benefit files;
- - Prepare for performance and salary review meetings by gathering historical and industry data, distribute evaluations and follow up on responses. Update spreadsheets to calculate salary increases and bonuses.
- - Four year BA/BS degree;
- - High attention to detail and data integrity;
- - Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel;
- - Ability to work well with a variety of employee levels and functions;
- - Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation;
- - Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and professionalism.
- - Some hands on experience with employee relations, benefits and/or recruiting;
- - Knowledge of payroll processing;
- - Comfortable establishing priorities, managing work independently;
- - Flexibility and openness to doing whatever it takes to meet business needs;
- - Ability to organize projects and data while meeting deadlines;
- - Knowledge of federal and California labor laws.
We offer competitive compensation packages and full benefits including health, dental and life insurance, and a 401(k) plan. We provide a congenial work atmosphere that promotes teamwork and encourages personal growth.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may submit your materials online using the Apply button below.
Carr & Ferrell LLP is an equal opportunity employer.