Current Legal Openings
HR MANAGER/ HR GENERALIST
In support of the Firm’s legal practice our outstanding HR Manager is responsible for all aspects of human resources - the functions that deal with the needs and activities of the firm's people. This position will report to and work closely with the Firm Administrator and collaborate with Marketing, Accounting, IT and Office Services as needed. The HR Manager will be the only dedicated HR person and will work with minimal supervision and instruction and a high degree of confidentiality.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- - Carry out day-to-day HR functions according to established Firm guidelines and Partner expectations;
- - Recruit highly qualified impeccable experts in legal practice;
- - Respond to requests for employee relations discussions, address personnel issues in a timely and discreet manner;
- - Coordinate new hire set-up and orientation as well as employee terminations and exit interviews.
- - Establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, applicants, vendors and third party administrators;
- - Take charge of the recruiting process for attorneys and staff, utilizing recruiters and agencies in some instances.
- - Develop and update job postings, screen applicants, coordinate interview schedules and communicate final selections;
- - Exercise sound judgment to prioritize and complete assignments and special projects;
- - Keep Policies and Procedures manual up to date with changes to state and federal laws;
- - Administer benefits, open enrollment, state unemployment, and workers’ compensation;
- - Review timecards and prepare payroll for processing;
- - Manage leaves of absence in accordance with law, government benefits, internal policies, and payroll processes;
- - Oversee and track harassment training provided by outside vendors;
- - Maintain organized files and accurate records of meetings and discussions;
- - Prepare for performance and salary review meetings by gathering historical and industry data, distribute evaluations, coach on goal setting and writing performance reviews. Update spreadsheets to calculate salary increases and bonuses;
- - Collaborate with other administrative teams on special events and celebrations;
- - Fill in for other Office Services functions as needed.
- - Hands on experience with employee relations, benefits and recruiting;
- - Knowledge of payroll processing;
- - Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel;
- - Flexibility and openness to doing whatever it takes to meet business needs;
- - Ability to organize projects and data while meeting deadlines;
- - Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation;
- - Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and professionalism;
- - High attention to detail and data integrity;
- - Ability to work well with a variety of employee levels and functions;
- - Comfortable establishing priorities, managing work independently;
- - Knowledge of federal and California labor laws;
- - PHR and/or SHRM certification a plus;
- - 1-4 years of general HR experience;
- - 4-year college degree.
We offer competitive compensation packages and full benefits including health, dental and life insurance, and a 401(k) plan. We provide a congenial work atmosphere that promotes teamwork and encourages personal growth.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, graduate and undergraduate transcripts to email@example.com. Or you may submit your materials online using the Apply button below.
Carr & Ferrell LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
CORPORATE ASSOCIATE / SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Venture Capital Funding and Emerging Company)
We are currently searching for a Corporate Associate or Senior Associate to join our emerging company, venture capital and transactional team in Menlo Park. This is an excellent opportunity for attorneys with 2+ years of “big law” experience to take charge of their practice and professional development.
About the Firm:
Carr & Ferrell LLP is a full-service law firm uniquely positioned to provide strategic intellectual property, corporate, financing and litigation services. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley's technology and VC community, our attorneys leverage their technical and legal expertise to provide counsel to venture-backed start-ups and individuals that will be the industry leaders of the future.
About the Practice:
Our Corporate Law Practice consists of a group of experienced attorneys who provide expert and practical counsel to innovative technology and science start-ups in the areas of corporate formation, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions and complex licensing transactions. Our attorneys have a passion for working with early-stage technology companies and are committed to providing quality legal service. We seek to enhance our clients’ success in the marketplace by regularly working with members of our patent and intellectual property groups to ensure appropriate technical input and critical business advice. We provide the full range of corporate legal services.
About the People:
Every company sets its own standards for company culture and professional achievement. Here at Carr & Ferrell, our priority is to foster a positive and engaging work environment that helps each employee achieve his or her professional goals while providing great service to our clients. Along the way to achieving this ideal, we encourage:
- - team spirit and collegiality
- - respect for one another
- - work-life balance
- - equitable treatment of employees
- - professional growth opportunities
- - expressing that each employee and his or her work is valued
- By seeking this culture, we believe that employees will benefit from this positive work environment and subsequently will be inspired to strengthen their commitment (both personally and professionally) to the Firm's overall success.
Immediate consideration will be given to applicants with the following qualifications:
- - 2+ years of “big law firm” experience;
- - Must have significant experience handling venture capital funding matters, preferably in Silicon Valley;
- - Must have significant corporate counseling experience working with tech start-ups;
- - M&A experience preferred;
- - Excellent professional judgment, communication, and organization;
- - Affinity for providing client-oriented services;
- - Stellar interpersonal skills that foster working relationships;
- - Good academic credentials from a top tier law school;
- - Current California bar membership in good standing required.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, copies of transcripts, and recent writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may submit your materials online using the Apply button below.
Carr & Ferrell LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.