Barry Carr is a founding partner of Menlo Park, California's Carr & Ferrell LLP, one of Silicon Valley's top technology law firms, and co-chairman of the Corporate & Securities Practice Group.
Recognized by San Jose Magazine as one of Silicon Valleys top corporate lawyers for five consecutive years and by Bay Area Lawyer Magazine as one of the top three venture capital lawyers in the Bay Area, Mr. Carr has provided extensive corporate guidance to public and private companies in a wide variety of technology and non-technology industries, as well as numerous venture capital clients.
Mr. Carr has counseled clients through venture capital financings, private securities placements, merger and acquisition transactions, licensing and distribution arrangements, patent sale transactions, employee stock option matters and initial public offerings.
As indicated above, Mr. Carr has advised clients in numerous industries, including energy/clean technology, integrated circuits, computer software, semiconductor design and manufacture, medical device and video game development and distribution.
Mr. Carr and his wife live in Portola Valley, where they raised their three sons. He also is an emeritus member of the Board of Directors for the Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula.
REPRESENTATIVE CLIENTS INCLUDE
- Raydiance, Inc. Acts as general corporate counsel for this venture-backed next generation ultra short pulse laser company.
- Nexxo Financial Corporation Acts as general corporate counsel for this venture-backed company, which provides technology-based financial services for international monetary remittance.
- PAX Scientific, Inc. Acts as corporate counsel for this privately-held engineering research and development firm that specializes in finding innovative, streamlined solutions for fluid-related industrial problems.
- iota Computing, Inc. - Acts as general corporate counsel for this ip licensing and systems company for internet-connected devices.
- Samplify, Inc. Acts as general corporate counsel for this venture-backed company, which uses compression to eliminate bandwith and storage bottlenecks in mixed-signal systems.
- FireEye, Inc. Acted as corporate and intellectual property counsel for this global network security company that provides automated threat forensics and dynamic malware protection against advanced cyber threats.
- SuccessFactors, Inc. Acted as general corporate counsel for this formerly public traded company, acquired by SAP, that provides cloud-based human capital management (HCM) software solutions using the Software as a service (SaaS) model.
- Xora, Inc. Acted as general corporate and intellectual property counsel for this venture-backed company which delivers location-based mobile workforce management solutions that allow its customers to realize improved productivity, reduce the cost of field operations and provide better customer service.
- Aeluros, Inc. Acted as general corporate counsel for this venture-backed fabless semiconductor company innovating serial, high-performance, high-density physical layer (PHY) and SerDes (Serializer/Deserializer) solutions in mainstream CMOS technology for the 10 Gbps datacom and storage markets, including representing the company in connection with its acquisition by NetLogic Microsystems, Inc. for approximately $80 million.
- Kerbango, Inc. Acted as general corporate and intellectual property counsel for this venture-backed Internet appliance developer, including representing the company in connection with its acquisition by 3Com for approximately $80 million.
- Co-Design Automation, Inc. Acted as general corporate and intellectual property counsel for this UK-based venture-backed provider of verification and system-on-a-chip design technology, including representing the company in connection with its acquisition by Synopsys for approximately $36 million.
- Radical Entertainment, Inc. Acted as general corporate counsel for this Vancouver-based leading independent video game developer, was best known for developing critically acclaimed and commercially successful releases such as: The Simpsons: Hit & Run, The Hulk and The Simpsons Road Rage, including representing the company in connection with its acquisition by Vivendi Universal Games.
- Corporate Formation
- Venture Capital
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- General Corporate & Securities
- San Jose Magazine
- Bay Area Lawyer Magazine
- The Recorder